WOULD YOU LIKE TO JOIN ATLANTA METRO GAZETTE AS A FREELANCE VOLUNTEER WRITER?
Atlanta Metro Gazette aims to be a central hub of information and a platform for Atlanta and worldwide news. Our method and approach are unique since we strive to provide factual information, statistics, news, and general knowledge. To gain an artificially larger yet misinformed audience, we don’t spin, materialize, or flamebait. In our reviews, news, and general commentary, we are dedicated above all else to present accurate and honest information. Our journalistic voice is clear and understandable in the midst of a noisy industry.
An ideal candidate should be able to write regular commentary and/or feature stories about the latest pop culture and sports news. For those interested in writing and contributing to reviews, news, and commentary, there are opportunities in the following areas:
- News Writers.
- Sports Writers
- Editorial articles or columns.
- Book reviews.
- Movie & TV Reviews
- Podcast hosts and personalities.
We are seeking both skilled writers and willing beginners who are willing to invest their time and dedication. Candidates should possess the following qualities:
- Strong written and verbal English skills.
- In-depth knowledge of their subject or specialty.
- Ability to work within a structure that requires writers to utilize a specific format for review content. (Editorial or columns are less formal in terms of specific format.)
- Capability to write content of at least 300 – 500 words (or more.)
- Applicants will be required to submit a sample of their work. Review writers will be required to utilize the Atlanta Metro Gazette standard writer’s format to frame their reviews for uniformity and consistency, crucial for a professional branding and marketing appearance.
- Writers must know or be willing to learn how to work with the WordPress site and are expected to self-submit their own written content and flag for editorial review prior to publication and push to social media. We provide a tutorial video to instruct new users on learning WordPress functionality.
This is NOT a paid position. Any/all potential revenue generated from any source or endeavor shall be reinvested into the principal company to afford volunteers with increased opportunities or “perks” geared to benefit our readers, fans, and supporters.
Podcast hosts or contributors are expected to split the expense among the total number of group members of the cost of inclusion in our e20 Entertainment Network hosting account. The exact cost varies and will be provided upon interview follow-up.
Serious applicants only. If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been looking for please complete the application form below. All fields must be completed.